Saturday, August 23, 2008

Shoes...and other random thoughts...

I miss my selection of shoes (I guess this can also be applied to clothes)! But it's especially hard when we are in a cool, happening city like Panama City and we go to the clubs...I want to wear a sign around my neck that says, "I have cuter clothes and shoes at home-but I couldn't fit them in my backpack!" Not that I look shabby, I did manage to bring a cute top and jeans that is my standard going-out outfit. But you know what I mean...

I do have to note, I think Latin American women are born wearing high heels! I am a little envious at their ability to wear the tallest of high-heel shoes and walk around like their wearing running shoes. And they still manage to dance in these crazy shoes. I, as well as many people I know-would be limping around after an hour of wearing some of these shoes...And last night as I sat in the club observing this-not one woman was wearing flat shoes (and the club was packed)!

More about shoes...My favorite little black crocs are useless here in Central America during the rainy season. It's very strange, but many parts of the sidewalks that are directly in front of a store are tiled. Wet tiles are the enemy of any croc-wearer. You take one step and immediately start to slide, and if you aren't quick about it, you will end up on your butt. It's like trying to walk on a sheet of ice...You start taking baby steps and look absolutely ridiculous! So it seems that my crocs aren't coming back out until the rain stops, or people stop tiling the sidewalks...

Here in the city I started seeing a few sushi restaraunts and just knew that I had to have it...We love sushi, and haven't eaten it since before we left (over 6 months ago!). We were taken to this great lounge that served delicious sushi, and we were in heaven! It was SOOOOO good :)
To top it off, we found another bar that had import beer...SAM ADAMS - double :)

There are a few more random thoughts I have, but that will do for now.

No comments: