Sunday, May 11, 2008

I miss my friends!

Yes, it's true. I wish I could see them and talk to them more then I can while traveling. I was thinking of this especially yesterday...We took a 4 hour catamaran sail boat ride to get from one island of Honduras to the other (Roatan to Utila), and with us on the boat were 10 girls that were living in Roatan, working there as dive masters. They arranged this boat ride as a "girls trip", and they were having fun just hanging out and lounging on the boat. I was very jealous, wishing I could transport all my girlfriends to that sailboat ride in that very instant. It would have been great to have them there, so I dozed into a nice little daydream about them all being here and sharing in the fun times...

So....Just to catch you up on what we've been doing-like I said, we are in Honduras. It's been a busy couple of weeks, and simultaneously without very good internet connections. Right now we are in Utila, and last week we were in Roatan. My mom and her friend Lynne were here visiting us for the week, so we had a great time with them! We picked them up in San Pedro Sula after blazing through El Salvador in three days. From there we took them to see the Mayan ruins of Copan, and then back across the country to the coast, and off to Roatan. They were up for backpacking around Honduras, which kicks butt, cause not many people might want to travel the way we are. But they were up for it! We stayed for the last 4 days in Roatan and enjoyed the beautiful island. The weather was amazing, and the beaches were gorgeous. You could even just swim right off the beach and snorkel on the reefs there. After they left on Wednesday we did a couple of dives, which were also amazing!

So we are now in Utila and we will be here for 3 or 4 more days. We will do some more dives, definetly a night dive!! From here we will get ourselves to Nicaragua...

No comments: