Friday, March 14, 2008

Holy crap, I've been under water for 10 minutes!

That's what I thought when I first went into the water with all my scuba gear on and was breathing through me regulator!!! Adrian and I are now official certified scuba divers!!! It's been great, and that's what I have doing the past few days (sorry if I didn't blog, but I was in the ocean!). It's been a little tiring, but amazing!! Today was our last two dives to become certified...The cool thing is, on all four of our dives we were out in the ocean, diving along Belize's famous reef...It's not like we were ever in a pool, so I think that was pretty cool. We had a great instructor, Pablo, from Belize Diving Services (go to them if you ever want to come here and dive), who taught us very well, and now I feel comfortable diving.

Just going along the reef here is so amazing...There are so many types of little fish, sea fans, anenomes, brain coral...It's so much to take in. Adrian and I have started inventing under water sign language to tell each other things. So far, we've only made signs for "fish", and for "pee", but we are just devising the system...It's great to dive with Adrian and see all the same things. Today we saw a few nurse sharks!!! I will try to find a picture of my favorite fish so far...He is blue, with a yellow tail, but he has florescent blue dots all over him-he's so bright!

About where we are: we are in Caye Caulker, another island off the coast of Belize. It's chill and relaxing here, and about 100x better than San Pedro on Amergris Caye. We've been here for 5 days already! We will try to do another dive on Sunday or Monday and then maybe we will move onto the rest of Belize. Time to go take a nap and recover from all the diving...More to come later.

No comments: