Friday, March 7, 2008

One country down, ? to go!

We are now in Belize!!! That's right, we have finally left Mexico to further explore. I'm am excited to be in Belize...More specifically, we are in San Pedro, on the island of Amergris Caye (pronounced "key"). Just as I got used to speaking Spanish, they speak English here! As we got in last night, we haven't seen much but are planning on renting bikes this afternoon to see a bit more of the island. It's tiny here but does have a lot of tourists. The roads are all dirt, with the exception of the main road in town, which was paved last year, making it easier for everyone...I will let you know more of the island after we explore today, but so far it seems lovely.

I was thinking on the way over here that it was a shame I had just gotten into the groove of finding some great Mexican food that I liked, like a torta (imagine a Mexican steak and cheese, with a twist), or licuados (smoothies), we are going into a new country with a whole new set of food to get used to. I have become obsessed with smoothies....They are so delicious, and are absolutely everywhere in Mexico. Hopefully I can still get smoothies wherever I go. I did crack up at myself last night. We stopped for one night in a bigger city called Chetumal, on the way to Belize. Right near our posada there was Domino's Pizza!! I knew that I had to have pizza for dinner....As much as I was enjoying most of the Mexican food, sometimes you just want a taste for something that you would get at home. It was delicious!!

That's all for now folks, I'm off to go explore the island. Oh, this is very important- HAPPY BIRTHDAY Trev & Tris!!! I hope you have a great birthday :)

No comments: