Monday, February 11, 2008

I can't sleep!

Ok, here's my official first blog. Kinda exciting! I've read friends' blogs & been so intruiged, it's a great way to try to understand a little bit of what that person is going through and what they are thinking...
It's late right now, and I'm not very tired- just excited about starting my trip tomorrow. I meet AC in Mexico & start from there. It's been a rough couple of days, a little frazzling trying to wrap things up before leaving...and saying goodbye is never easy...I might be the worst at that part. But now I am sitting here looking at my backpack. I'm a little surprised that I seem to fit everything I think I want into it (well, plus a small daypack). I keep thinking that I have overpacked, and that might be true, but I am a little bit of a novice at it. But a revelation came to me, and I impressed myself that I have packed this little amount for an undetermined amount of time on the road...I packed away a lot of things, and gave away a lot of things getting ready for this journey, and now I am looking at that backpack in a new light. My new little friend :) I hope it treats me well!


No comments: